Our mission is to strengthen our community by teaching the English language and a variety of literacy skills to people of all cultures.
Care for children from all over the world and help them learn school readiness skills while their parents attend English classes. These positions are part-time, afternoons, and evenings. Possible occasional morning or weekend hours. Child minders interact with the children, and reading is strongly encouraged. Send interest and inquiries to email@example.com.
Assistant Director for Adult Skills Programs
Lincoln Literacy is hiring an Assistant Director to assist adult students in gaining life skills and occupational skills in various ways, including student intake, assessment, and placement; student recruitment; partner agency liaison; employer liaison; class coordination; direct instruction; outreach; and grant management support.
● Curriculum development and tutor support for GED or other career pathway programs, such as CDL.
● Develop ELL or digital literacy curriculum for workplace classes, and teach one or two workplace classes
● Share coordination of Lincoln Literacy's CNA Prep and related health occupations programs.
● Support Career Navigation Specialist’s work, meeting with students and providing direction as needed.
● Support the management of the Adult Skills Programs grants.
● Conduct outreach to new and continuing ELL students about committing to Adult Skills (ASD) classes.
● Conduct outreach and recruitment of potential new ASD students at Southeast Community College, other human service agencies, public events, veteran's programs, and similar sites.
● Cultivate contacts at other agencies, and promote Lincoln Literacy’s Adult Skills Programs at such sites.
● Keep records of all clients served and services provided, and note milestones and outcomes.
● Participate in staff, coordinator, and community partner meetings as needed.
● Other occasional duties as assigned.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience with excellent intercultural and interpersonal skills and relevant technical and administrative competence, including record keeping and outcome reporting. Strong oral and written English abilities. Fluency in another language is highly desirable.
This is a full-time position. Good pay and benefits, including a warm, supportive work culture; an inspiring mission; and rewarding engagements. If you’re interested, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position closes 2/28/24.
We usually hire an intern each fall, spring, and summer term. Please check back later to see if a spot opens up. To get an idea of what it's like, watch this short video by a former intern.